Saturday, November 24, 2012

NaNoWriMo Update

 Well things aren't looking good.  There is one week left and I'm at 16,000 words.  It's been a tough week.  My basset hound, Ophelia was very ill with pancreitis.  I had to take her to doggie E.R.. They did an x-ray to check her pancreas and discovered a tumor on her spleen.  After some discussion, it was decided to remove her spleen.

Ophelia came home on Sunday, but she refused to eat.  On Wednesday, she had been four days with out food and I was scared.

We took her to see our vet.  Ophelia was given an injection for nausea and some pills to increase her appetite.  I also had the terrible talk with Doctor Stamp...how much longer could Ophelia go on if things did not change.

The Doctor said, if Ophelia did not eat by Friday, we needed to talk about quality versus quantity of life.

I understood what she said, but my heart was breaking at the thought of letting her go.

An hour later, at home, I offered Ophelia a dog cookie, without much hope, but she took it and ate it.  I was over joyed. 

She began to eat that night. I've been very careful of how much she has. I don't want to aggravate her pancreas, but she is doing great.

I had one more thing to be thankful at Thanksgiving.  I  hope yours was a good one.

Maybe I'll give NaNoWriMO another try next year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always interested in what my visitors are thinking.

Leave a note and let me know.