Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Cathleen Thompson

 
 
 
My girlfriend Carol and I went out for drinks to a sports bar. I saw him across the bar, he looked interesting so, I moved to the other side. His blue eyes took my breath away. I had to find a way to strike up a conversation with him.
Asking him what time it was, was a standard line it always work to get guys talking. Not this time he just gave me the time and went back to watching the TV. A little later I asked again I got shot down again. This was going to be harder than I thought.
Carol was going on about how she needed to have her nose done to be more attractive to her latest boyfriend. I came up with a new angle. I turned to him and asked him if he thought she needed a nose job. I turned to the guy sitting next to Carol and asked him. It got every body talking. Carol thought I had lost my mind. I being the quiet type. My actions really shocked her. It did get him talking. Talking all night. We danced and got to know each other better.
The bar was closing, Carol worked it out that he would take me back to my car.
Where we sat in he’s truck and talked until the sun rose. The more he talked the more interesting he was becoming. I told him to call me at 6:30 that evening. I had a 50 - 50 chance that he would call.
That evening the phone rang right on time it was him. He said would you like to see the sun set and the moon rise. We went out for a drink and a drive in the mountains and did just that. We have been together ever since.
 
Cathleen Thompson 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always interested in what my visitors are thinking.

Leave a note and let me know.