Friday, August 19, 2011

Getting it right for Date NIght.






I love a good excuse to put on a cute pair of heels, and date night is no exception! Like most others, I don’t have much of a budget for fashion, so I try to keep it affordable. It’s much easier than I thought, so I’ve provided some of my favorites! The great thing about this look is that it’s all separates, so you can mix and match all of these pieces to create multiple looks.


e.l.f. cosmetics. You can find this line at a number of stores, like Target, Meijer, Walgreens, and online. Products range from $1 to $6, and they’re of pretty good quality. About half of my makeup stash is e.l.f.!

Tiered black tank from reitmans.com. So pretty! This is a great piece to have, since it can be mixed and matched, dressed up or down. Pair this with some dark jeans for a date night, or some white Bermuda shorts for a summer day look.

This floral print scarf, $16, from affordablescarves.com may not look it, but it’s multi-functional! Tie it around your neck for a classic look, wear it as a shawl if it gets a bit chilly, or tie it as a headband or head wrap. Not sure how to tie your scarf? I found this website that has almost 40 different instructional videos- scarves.net.

One of the best parts of this outfit, there’s nothing like a good pair of black pumps! These Steve Madden’s are marked down to $45 from $90 on Nordstrom.com. Great deal!!

You might already have a favorite pair of boot cut jeans in your closet, but if not, these dark-wash boot cut jeans from Target might be your new fave! They’re only $24.99, so you can even grab a few pairs.

Rather than lug a big bag around on a date night, I like to keep it simple with a clutch. It has just enough room for the essentials and is easy to carry around. This cream colored bowtie clutch, from handbagheaven.com, is a little pricey, $50, but it is sure to be your go-to clutch for all events!



Author Bio

Maggie is a fashion writer for AffordableStyle.com. During the day, she creates celebrity-based looks for less. All other times, she enjoys experimenting with new recipes, reading, and listening to music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always interested in what my visitors are thinking.

Leave a note and let me know.